A T&A Wedding

Friday, June 23, 2006

We just came from the most beautiful wedding I've ever seen, a wedding that took tonnes of planning and went off like a dream. Adam and I have picked up a few pointers, lemme tell ya.

I've just come from the florist. The flowers I want are all in season, which means I can get as many as I'll need and they won't cost an arm and a leg. The florist, whose name is Adele, is brilliant. About forty-five, with one daughter (married), she can identify a grainy mugshot of a flower at twenty paces. She's a can-do kind of woman, and so enthusiastic about flowers.

Nothing was going to stand between her and my dream bouquet. When I mentioned we had chosen blue and white for colours and apologized for the inconvenient colour (we want a natural, not a fluorescent dyed blue), she told me that it was nothing. She'll get me whatever I want in a natural blue or spray white flowers with a natural looking dye. Black, she said, is the colour that causes problems. I didn't even know there were black flowers. She showed me some. Behind her little booth was a fragrant world in a fridge; stands of tall, sweet blossoms, roses of every size and color, something spriggy that smelled of pepper, row after row of black cups filled with tumbling flowers. Amazing.

Oh, and I've finished building the bridesmaid's favours. As a clue, ladies, here's our wedding slogan: "Love is sweet". Yum.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home